Professional Photography is a very time intensive business.
For every client that we work with there are hours of time not spent taking the photographs. Here you will find a quick rundown of just some of the “behind the scenes” work that is performed to ensure you get the best “product and service” we can offer:
- We start with a phone consultation to determine the client’s needs, sometimes multiple calls,
- We open a file and start doing paperwork to track the client’s information and their session(s),
- Once location chosen we driving to the session, occasional pay for parking and tolls,
- Typically we spend from 1-3 hours shooting the session,
- Then we have to drive back to the office before driving home,
- At the office we start downloading the images (this takes a while with the high resolution files) then we have to look at each and every photo, choosing which ones that are best and will be shown the client,
- Then comes the task of processing those images, no we are not perfect – some of the images will need to be
- Prepare images for review, creating a slideshow and online shopping cart for them,
- After the client has the opportunity to review the images we then offer an in-person sales appointment to assist them with any additional questions or product selection,
- Many client then ask for assistance designing custom items,
- Now comes the time to start ordering their products, we do use various vendor so orders must be placed carefully to ensure the best pricing and quality product for our clients,
- Once the order arrives we begin unpacking and inspecting the prints when, Once inspected we package the order for delivery, pick-up
- If shipping or delivering is required additional time is taken to properly package and insure the order.
We are very lucky to have a full team here at Nathanson’s so each photographer does not have to do all of the above tasks – but they have to pay someone else to do them.
It is estimated that we take between 6-10 hours of time for ONE session with ONE client. Which means that each photographer may only handle 4-5 clients in a week in order to give them the top-notch customer service we pride ourselves on.